The Lincolnshire and East Midlands SCiP Alliance Hub is led by the LiNCHigher Uni Connect partnership and launched in October 2020.
It brings together partners across the two regions to support Service children and their families to progress within education and make informed decisions on their future. The Lincolnshire and East Midlands SCiP Alliance Hub sits within the National SCiP Alliance hub network and brings together partnerships across the county to work in collaboration and create a lasting impact.
- To identify and share existing practice and remove duplication; to be a beacon for local practice.
- To collaborate on developing and embedding new activity.
- To influence the local culture to enable practitioners to effectively support Service children.
- To investigate local needs and context, for example sourcing and analysing local data
- To inform and contribute to national and international research.
- To ensure the learner’s voice is heard
Members are recruited as volunteers from various organisations across Lincolnshire and East Midlands to ensure effective representation of a variety of perspectives. We currently have over 30 members representing various organisations such as; Royal Air Force, Bishop Grosseteste University, University of Lincoln, Stamford College, National Citizen Service, Army Welfare, Royal Air Force Families Federation other Uni Connect partnerships and local authorities.
Hubs shall set a quorate membership including representatives from stakeholders as locally appropriate such as:
- Higher Education institution
- Further Education institution
- Local Authority/ County Council
- Local Family Federation Services
- Commercial Organisations
- Government Organisations
If you are interested in becoming a member of the hub or would like to find out more information please contact the Hub lead: Jessica Darnell - Jessica.Darnell@bishopg.ac.uk or alternatively message us on social media.
Facebook - @uniconnectlinchigher
Email – email@example.com
If you are a young person from an Armed Forces family looking for an introduction to the many educational and career options available to you, including facts and stats, helpful hints to support your progression, useful charts and guides take a look at our Service children section.
For regular updates and hand-picked information about education and careers in Lincolnshire sign up to our newsletter. Sign up now
Use the heading tabs to expand and collapse each section.